Friday, February 19, 2010

Second Time's a Charm....

Let's face it, getting your kids' picture taken can be a truly traumatic experience.  Pretty much everyone I meet has some horrific story to share about an awful experience at Picture People or JCPenneys filled with stress, tears and exploding diapers.  Even having a photographer come to your home can seem overwhelming - is my house clean enough, what will my kids wear, what if they wake up in terrible moods right before my scheduled session time. The good news is that since I am right there in the trenches with you - side by side in this battle we call motherhood - there is really not much that you can throw at me that I have not already seen, done or smelt first hand in my own home. That being said, I also arrive armed with six powerful words that seem to set every anxious parent at ease - "I can always come back later". You should see the way faces lighten when I say these words to concerned parents - it is almost magical!  And although I've only had to go back a second time to a handful of clients homes to reshoot, the mere fact that I would be willing to return in case we don't get the images we want seems to do the trick. Every once in a while, even the most giggly toddler becomes somber in front of the camera or in this little sweethearts' case, we just seem to miss the "happy" window of time. I ended up swinging by a few weeks after our first session to grab some quick smiles and this little lady did not disappoint. Here is the final "Put a fork in me, I am done!" shot from the first session and a few subsequent images from my quick second visit. Too cute!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Click Here to Get to My Site

Labels